Feb 17, 2010

Oh how I'd love to...



{ work by Cynthia Toops & Dan Adams }

You may not know this about me but I got my beadmaking start many years ago, think grade 6 or 7. I began my love affair with colour by making polymer clay beads and selling them on family vacations for extra spending money, to bead shops we'd come across on our travels. During this time, I first laid eyes on Cynthia Toops incredible work in one of my books and still I find inspiration in her pieces. Later when I discovered flameworking and Dan Adams work, I had no idea that he and Cynthia were married and also collaborated but it makes total sense to me now.... so much detail. I just love it!

Yesterday when trolling around online I saw that they are teaching a class together at the ISGB conference this year. I would LOVE to take this class. Who knows if that will work out as August is already a very busy month. I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

No comments: