Feb 27, 2010

More and more these days Jill and I are working collaboratively on designs for TANK.  Personally I very much enjoy the process of working this way and find it to be an extremely rewarding experience.  Take two perspectives, the obvious benefit of two sets of uniquely skilled hands and the results are usually quite good.
Recently Jill and I have been planning, planning, planning... not as much making of late but we'll get there.  It's a slower time of year so it's perfect for contemplating new ideas, playing at the torch and working through these concepts visually with our materials.  Often just allowing yourself this time to experiment in the studio brings the most wonderful things.
I gave in today as I felt a strong urge to make something "weird" .... So I did, I made a crazy looking sculptural bead with loops all over it and I can't wait to see how it looks tomorrow when I take it out of the kiln.  It was very satisfying to make either way and already I see other even bigger crazier beads in my head!

Here are some necklaces that Jill and I put together this week - part of a new line we're working on... John from Proof Gallery next door took the photos for us.





{  Jill likes to call this one "Classy Whimsy"  }

No comments: